Chew slowly until the taste becomes strong (about 1 minute) then stop and rest the gum against your cheek. When the taste fades, chew a few times until the taste gets strong then rest the gum again. Full instructions are given in the enclosed leaflet. Nicabate Gum can be used according to the following timetable.
Step 1- Initial
12 weeks. Chew one piece of gum whenever there is an urge to smoke. Use 8-12 pieces/day.
Step 2- Step down
2 weeks. Use 4-6 pieces/day.
Step 3- Step off
2 weeks. Use 1-3 pieces/day. Gradually reduce to zero to help you stay smoke free.
Nicotine 2mg (equiv. to nicotine polacrilex 14.2mg).
Do not use
- If you are under 12 years old.
- If you are allergic to nicotine or any of the ingredients in the gum.
- If the blister or foil is broken.
- If you have had a heart attack, stroke and/or have circulation problems, unless your doctor tells you to.
Consult your doctor before use
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
- If you have a stomach ulcer.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
- If you have an overactive thyroid or adrenal gland cancer.
- If you use insulin for diabetes.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- If you are taking any other medication.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
Nicabate Gum contains sodium, sucralose and sugar alcohols (mannitol, maltitol, xylitol and sorbitol). Each piece contains sodium 10.5mg and 567.9mg sugar alcohols. 6.8g of sugar alcohols are present per recommended maximum daily dose. Products containing sugar alcohol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.