Chew slowly until the taste becomes strong (about 1 minute) then stop and rest the gum against your cheek. When the taste fades, chew a few times until the taste gets strong then rest the gum again. Full instructions are given in the enclosed leaflet. Nicabate Gum can be used according to the following timetable.
Step 1 - Initial: 12 weeks. Chew one piece of gum whenever there is an urge to smoke. Use 8-10 pieces/day.
Step 2 - Step Down: 2 weeks. Use 4-6 pieces/day.
Step 3 - Step Off: 2 weeks. Use 1-3 pieces/day. Gradually reduce to zero to help you stay smoke free.
Do not use more than 1 piece at a time.
Do not use more than 10 pieces per day.
Nicotine 4mg (equiv. to nicotine polacrilex 28.4mg)
Do not use:
- If you are under 12 years old.
- If you are allergic to nicotine or any of the ingredients in the gum.
- If the blister foil is broken.
If you have had a heart attack, stroke and/or have circulation problems, unless your doctor tells you to. \
Consult your doctor before use:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
- If you have a stomach ulcer.
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
- If you have an overactive thyroid or adrenal gland cancer.
- If you use insulin for diabetes.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
- If you are taking any other medication.
Products containing sugar alcohol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.